Thursday, 25 August 2016

ELC 150 (PRL 2)



 ELC 150 (PRL 2)


A FAMILY



             "A FAMILY" written by Guy de Maupassant it is one of the best short stories that I read.This story most telling the readers about life in families and also tell about friendship between two friends it is Simon Radevin and author.They are so close and always share anything together but they are separated after Simon decides to get married the girls from provinces with come to Paris in search of a husband.This situation show how the relationship in friendship never be endless.I am feel so sad because they are broken friendship just about him marriage.After fifteen years,they are meet again and author also amazed to see his friend Simon because he change a self then have loyal wife and have five children.Then,Simon also want show at author his family attitude to their grandfather.For example,Simon's family gave the food was not liked by his grandfather when he was having dinner.Their attitude was highly disliked by author.

             
        
           In the sentence,what does the author mean by:There was nothing left for him to do in this life,nothing whatever.He had one single wish left,one sole pleasure why not grant him that last solace until he died?The author means we should do something that very precious in himself before he died.Then he had nothing to do in this world and in he life.it's maybe make he happy than their don't trick him like that.Do not forget to give a good service for him.

              

          The character that I like in this story is friend of Simon Radevin because it's a good person.when come in the Simon house,the author observing children's behavior.The author also give a good manner to the old man.Then,the character I dislike in this story is Simon because he like to playing he grandfather.He take care about he grandfather but he like not serious to take care of him.When they dinner together,Simon show to his friend how they give he old man eat.The author also not satisfied when Simon do like that.


         I think the author is female because in the sentence'The train stopped at a small station,and as I got out of the carriage,a stout,a very stout man with red cheeks and big stomach  rushed up to me with open arms,exclaiming;"George! I embraced him,but I had not recognized him,and then I said,in astonishment" it's loo the author is a female.Then,based on the first paragraph,they most intimate friend and share to tell one's secret love affairs and who seems to draw out those rare,ingenious,delicate thoughts born of the sympathy that give a sense of repose with him.In the paragraph five,what would he be like when I met him again?still lively,witty,light-hearted and enthusiastic,or in a state of mental torpor induced by provincial life?A man may change greatly in the course of fifteen years!.This show the author is female because she called 'A man may change'.


         As conclusion,they are all he had in this world that cannot be trade into something else.George don't understand a friend marriage.He need to try to accept that his friendship is already changed and has family to take care.Besides,family is all important to him.George does't have to feel sad about Simon's life.I am sure Simon knows how to handle it.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment